Terms & Conditions
- Reservations can be made through our official website, authorised agents, or by contacting Baird Bay Experience Co. (Operator) directly.
- The full names and DOB of each Guest must be provided at time of booking.
- A valid phone number for each booking must also be provided at time of booking, to enable any necessary communication prior to the scheduled tour.
- Full payment is due at time of booking via credit/debit card (with 1.2% fee), or bank transfer.
- Bank Transfers must be completed immediately as bookings are only held for 48 hours while the payment is cleared; and proof or payment is required from your banking institution to confirm booking.
- Bank Transfer payments are not accepted within 4 Business Days of the charter as full payment is required to be cleared before boarding.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied on the tour and in the water by an adult or guardian.
- Children of all ages including toddlers and babies are charged at the child rate, as they are included in the vessel’s passenger limit.
CHANGE OR CANCELLATION
- Cancellation by Guest:
- Full refund if cancelled at least 7 days before the scheduled tour.
- 75% refund if cancelled at least 48 hours before the scheduled tour.
- 50% refund if cancelled within 48 hours and more than 4hrs of the schedule tour.
- No refund for no-shows, or cancellations within 4hrs of the scheduled tour.
- Change by Guest:
- No additional charge if changes made at least 7 days before the scheduled tour.
- 25% admin fee if changes made between 7 days and 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
- 50% admin fee if changes made between within 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
- Cancellation/Change by Operator:
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel/change scheduled tours at any time due to unsuitable weather, safety concerns or other reasonable considerations, without liability beyond the price of the booking.
- Where the Operator makes a change/cancellation within 48 hours of the scheduled tour, the Guest may choose between a full refund or a rescheduled tour.
- Bookings received through third parties/travel agents/online channels may be subject to varying cancellation, change and refund policies. The Operator is not liable for losses incurred through booking via a third-party agent, including any communication failures about cancellation or change between the agent and Guest.
- The Operator reserves the right to substitute charter vessels when necessary or appropriate.
- Cancellation by Guest:
- Refunds will be processed via the same method as the payment was received, including via a third-party agent.
- The Guest may choose a rescheduled tour or a voucher instead of a refund.
- The Operator’s liability does not extend to travel or accommodation costs to the Guest. The Operator recommends travel insurance to cover unforeseen changes/cancellations.
- Vouchers are available for purchase by Guests, or may be issued in lieu of a refund.
- Vouchers can be for any amount, to be used against the price of a booking.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash, including where the full value of the voucher is not redeemed on a booking.
- The expiry date will be listed on the voucher.
- Vouchers may be transferred into another name, with written approval from the Operator.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Light refreshments are served on the tour and the Operator endeavours to cater for a variety of dietary requirements, but cannot guarantee options for all dietary requirements.
- Guests should inform the Operator at time of booking of any allergies or dietary preferences.
- If swimming is not achieved throughout the tour, Swimming fares will be refunded back to the level of a Sightseeing fare. The Operator does its best to facilitate an in-water experience with sealions and/or dolphins, with a very high success rate, but there are simply no guarantees with wildlife.
- Guests are not permitted to use selfie-sticks or fins/flippers in the water, in consideration of the sea creatures.
- Guests must be in good health and have a basic swimming ability; and must notify the Operator of any known weaknesses in these areas.
- Guests with known medical conditions are advised to seek medical advice before booking.
- Guests are responsible for their own safety and must adhere to instructions in the safety briefing by the Operator.
- The Operator accepts no liability for any loss of personal belongings during the tour; nor any injury arising from a contravention of instructions in the safety briefing.
- Guests are expected to respect the wildlife, fellow Guests and our guides.
- Guests are advised to bring a jacket, swimwear, a towel and sunscreen.
- Respect for marine life is paramount and Guests must follow guidelines to minimise impact on sealions and dolphins.
- Guests should avoid using sunscreen that is not mineral-based, before in-water interactions.
- Littering in the marine environment is strictly prohibited.
- The Operator reserves the right to revoke swimming permission from any Guest who does not adhere to environmental guidelines.
- Guest information will be treated with confidentiality and used solely for tour-related communication.
By making a booking, Guests acknowledge they have read, understood, and agreed to these terms and conditions.