Baird Bay Ocean Eco Experience is completely committed to the ethical protection of the wildlife and environment of Baird Bay.
Since the business began in 1992, we have taken care to minimise the impact of the business and maintain a low Carbon Footprint.
We are constantly working towards reducing the carbon footprint of the business.
To ensure this we.........
- Encourage all guests and passengers to leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but memories and photographs.
- Minimise the number of passengers to a manageable number and ensure the swim tour has no negative impact on the wildlife and the environment.
- Ensure that all safety measures are taken to minimise any risk to passengers and staff on all swim tours.
- Ensure that all passengers on the swim tour observe our Rules of Engagement with the wildlife at all times.
- Educate young visitors, especially school groups on the importance of protecting the environment and the wildlife for future generations.
- Ensure that all equipment is well maintained and efficient.
- Maintain an efficient purchasing policy and buy locally whenever possible.
- Best practice management of all water, waste and recycling.
- Using only fully biodegradable or recyclable products for take-away items and offer for sale and encourage the use of environmentally friendly sun screen which leaves no oily slick when used in the water.
- Ensure that no damage is done to the land or ocean environment of the Bay.
- Work towards having Baird Bay becoming a Marine Park to ensure the future protection and sustainability of the bay.
- Encourage all visitors to the area to show respect and care of all creatures including the kangaroos, emus, lizards, snakes and birds of the area.
- Work in partnership with other tourism businesses which are accredited and environmentally compatible with our business.
- Work towards the restriction of motorised recreational vehicles such as jet skis and motor bikes which damage the environment, upset the wildlife and leave a heavy carbon footprint.